Saturday, April 14, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile

Today was the first day of my April break at school. I couldn't help but wake up smiling. That smile just seemed to continue non-stop for the rest of the day. If you know me, you know that I smile a lot. I just do. I'm not covering anything up. The happiness that I feel these days is genuine. I'm appreciative of things that I have in my life and of things that make up my day.

My teethy grin with lots of smile lines. I also have a crookedy
closed mouth smile thing that I do too. It's all smiling.

As I drove to Massachusetts to visit with friends, I found myself making a list of things that really made my smile even bigger. Kinda like the song from the Sound of Music, these are a few of my favorite things...that make me smile (in no particular order):

Sunny days
Dogs sticking their heads out of car windows with their ears flapping in the wind
Kiddie-sized, cherry-dipped, twist ice cream cones
My girls
Kissing
Other people smiling
Friends and family
Sexy boots
Being out in nature
Babies
Treasure hunting
Flashlights
Beer on tap
Moss
Clicky pens
Sweet-smelling women
Beautiful people
The number 11
Music. Especially live music
Marshes
Hugs
Walking barefoot on the beach
Motorcycles
Good pizza
Flowers and gardens
Japanese architecture
Boogie boarding
Life

What makes you smile? Is there something special that you know will just cheer you up? Or, something that amuses you so that you can't help but smile? Please share. That would make me smile.



@Ybbeige
http://facebook.com/barbarabeige
www.barbarabeige.com

1 comment:

  1. things that make me smile

    riding my motorcycle with the windy in my hair
    watching the sun rise and set on the beach
    sitting around a fire with friends
    dancing
    watching my puppies play with each other in the yard
    seeing family that I don't see often
    playing guitar hero with friends in the man cave
    biker rallies
    listening to friends and their stories of growing up
    waking up every morning with the sun in my face and going to bed seeing the moon high in the sky

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and comments. Thanks!