Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chewy Coffee and Other Such Palate Pleasers

Sometimes things don’t happen the way you think they will, but you just go with them anyway. Why not? Why not experience something different? Something out of the norm?

Like today. I had chewy coffee. Something went awry with the way I used my French Press coffee maker. The first hint should have been when it shot wet coffee grounds all over my kitchen counter. But, I just cleaned it up and moved on.

Love the morning ritual of  making coffee in my French Press.
Poured my hazelnut creamer. Poured my coffee. Noticed a few floaters that sunk before my eyes. All was most enjoyable and yummy until the bottom of the cup.

Hmm. Coffee with a bite? Literally. I found myself chewing my last few sips (can I even say “sip?”) of coffee. It caught me off guard, but instead of spitting it out, I found myself experiencing it. Why? Why not? I’ve chewed on coffee beans before to sample their flavor and I’ve eaten chocolate covered espresso beans for the kick. Not a lot different. It just wasn’t what I was expecting.

The unsuspecting cup of coffee.

 I’ve had other beverages before, too, that haven’t been typical. Alo makes several flavors of juice with chunks of aloe vera in them. Juice with chew.  And, I’ve tried carbonated milk. A supposed Persian treat. Not so much in my world.

Day in and day out, we have expectations of things being a certain way. If they aren’t that way, how do we deal with them? Do we rebel or roll? Today was my day where things weren’t exactly as I expected. I had chewy coffee. But, in the big scheme of things, it was something so small. How you handle the little things can say a lot about how you handle the big things in life.

So, how do you chew your coffee?



@Ybbeige
http://facebook.com/barbarabeige
www.barbarabeige.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments. Thanks!