Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Waking Up with Brandi Carlile

I wake up with Brandi Carlile every day. She makes me smile first thing every morning. I wish I could say that I sleep with her, too. But, the fact is, it is only her voice on my wake-up CD that brings me into every new day. And, her version of Bryan Adams’ Heaven is my song of choice.

We all have people we admire. People we crush on. Those we can only dream of meeting. Like those on your Hollywood-Who-Would-You-Do? list. Besides my old favorites of Jodie Foster and Angelina Jolie, Brandi Carlile is a relative newcomer that has joined the top 3…and they are in no particular order.

One of my album covers. Lots of great tunes.

As far as an ideal woman goes, Brandi seems to be very ideal. She’s so easy on the eyes, she just melts your insides (well, mine anyways). She has a smile that, well, melts my insides. She’s funny and personable. Gosh, can she sing! With a voice that also melts my insides. And, to see her play guitar and piano is just a bonus.

I’ve seen her 4 times in various venues. Biggest was at LL Bean in Freeport, Maine when she opened for the Indigo Girls. I was also lucky enough to see her perform a few songs with just a handful of people at WCLZ’s Studio Z in South Portland. I was so close to her, I know I breathed her air.

This is my one clear photo of Brandi leaving the WCLZ studios.
She didn't have time to stay for photos and we couldn't take pics during the performance.
For a slide show of that performance, click here.

Even though I had the biggest grin every time I saw her, I am not a stalker. Brandi, if you’re reading this, I am definitely not the stalker type. I rarely get all in a tussle about celebrities. I’d like to think they are just ordinary people like us. As an outsider we don’t know what they are truly like; what makes them tick. I like to think that I’m a good judge of character and can see the good in people. She seems like good people.

Anyway, back to waking up with Brandi… with a soft and almost haunting guitar, she sings Heaven to me every morning. It starts off with ‘Oh, thinkin’ about our younger years, there was only you and me, we were young and wild and free…’ until the chorus of:

Baby you’re all that I want
When you’re lyin’ here in my arms
I’m findin’ it hard to believe
We’re in heaven
And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn’t too hard to see
We’re in heaven

It’s a song of love. Of hopeful love. Of love that is so true and caring. Like being in Heaven on earth with the one you’re meant to be with. There is that one special person out there for each of us. The one, that when we find them, we feel like we can live on just the feeling of love alone with them. So, until she comes along and until I can wake up with her everyday, I’m just going to keep waking up with Brandi Carlile. For now, she's my little piece of Heaven.



@Ybbeige
http://facebook.com/barbarabeige
www.barbarabeige.com

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to send a congratulations out to Brandi Carlile and her partner, Catherine Shepherd, who were just recently married in Boston. WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and by the way...I've found my piece of Heaven. The way she makes me feel is what others are out there searching for. I hope that everyone can experience that same kind of Wonderment.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and comments. Thanks!